Please send inquiries and questions to edgeofitallblog (@) gmail (dot) com.
Book Review Policy
I am currently accepting Adult, Young Adult, and Nonfiction books for review. You can send emails to edgeofitallblog (@) gmail (dot) com. Please include “ARC” in the subject.
I accept e-books, print ARCs, finished copies, and audiobooks.
I am NOT accepting self-published books, comic books, or interactive media books. Exceptions include those already on my TBR.
You can check and see if your book is on my TBR list. If it’s there, then yes I would love to read it! Scroll no further and move straight on to sending an email.
It’s about to get real specific.
I accept Adult and YA fiction in the following genres:
- LGBT (preferably by own voices authors)
- Own voices
- Good vs evil
- Southern literature
- Coming-of-age stories with religious overtones (where they have to break away from their overly religious/conservative family/community)
- Stories where a woman has “it all” then her life turns to shambles but she learns lessons and puts her life back together
- Anything that seems like it could’ve been written by Nora Ephron
I accept Non-fiction books in the following genres:
- Travel memoirs
- Medicine (global health, epidemics, medical anthropology, ect.)
- Pop culture analysis
I am NOT accepting books in the following genres:
- Grief porn (cancer diagnosis, mental illness, dying family members, ect.)
- Trendy political
- M/M written by women or F/F written by men (check TBR for exceptions)
- any book with Romance as the main plot point
- books with BDSM as the main plot point (stories can have BDSM elements, I just need more substance to them)
- Religious fiction (the type that show religion down your throat/try to convert you)
- Books that started as fanfiction but names/towns have been changed
Accepting a Book
Accepting a book does not guarantee a review.
I will make an effort to read and review with regard to release dates, but this cannot be guaranteed.
Please note: I will not be back at my home address in America until August 2017 at the earliest. Physical books can still be sent to my home address, but please know that the earliest a review will be posted is September 2017. Exceptions can be made to send books to my current U.K. address, as long as they reach me before the end of May 2017. I can accept e-books and audiobooks no matter what country I am in.
How I Review
All reviews will be posted on my Goodreads, but I will only post positive reviews of books I enjoyed on my blog. Life is too short to talk at-length about books I didn’t like. I will also mention all books I read during my yearly round-ups and bi-weekly What I’m Reading posts, although these do not count as official reviews.
All reviews are honest.
I will only do giveaways for books I would recommend to a friend, so I would need one copy for myself and one for the giveaway (unless I’ve already read it).
As of now, I don’t do sponsored or guests posts on my blog.
I use The Book Depository links for books. I get 5% from your purchase, at no extra cost to you.
For the next four years, or however long Trump is president (#NotMyPresident), I will donate every penny I receive from affiliate links and any other revenue from this site to the American Civil Liberties Union. If there’s another organization or charity you think is more appropriate, please let me know.